Dont have an account?Sign up
Access to Oxford Business Park
Bus and cycle routes between city centre and ring road
Cowley lies East of St Clements and stretches the length of the Cowley Road. Residents enjoy easy access to Oxford Business Park, the city centre and ring road. An up-and-coming area favoured by young professionals and students with many new apartment blocks nestling amongst older properties.
Cowley originated from the former villages of Cowley, Temple Cowley and Cowley St John (also occasionally referred to as ‘Church Cowley’). Cowley was a manor from medieval times, and a 16th century manor house stood on Oxford Road near the corner with Hollow Way. In 1864, the Wycombe Railway between High Wycombe and Oxford was built through Cowley, but at this time the village was so small that the railway company did not provide it with a station.
Cowley is now the base for BMW one of the largest industrial employers in Oxfordshire as well as other businesses such as Blackwell Publishing and A. C. Nielsen located in the Garsington Road industrial estates.
With excellent public transport into the city via the local bus services, namely the Oxford Bus Company and Stagecoach, you can be in the city centre of Oxford within 15 minutes.